Disclosure ~ This yummy post contains some yummy affiliates.
Sometimes when one decides to do a huge change in their life, like starting a new “way of eating” to lose weight or take control of their health, it’s always hard to give up things you love. For me, it’s totally my sweets. I love my donuts and cookies. But, being a girl who has done the keto diet I have found many great recipes to replace some of my favorite things. But, am still always on the watch for new keto dessert recipes to add to my Pinterest board.
My Latest Find
I am so excited to share with you my latest find! A keto approved recipe to replicate the loved Wendy’s Chocolate Frosty. OH MY OH MY is all I can say!! If you love frosty’s of any kind this is a must try. No matter your way of life, be it keto, low carb, atkins, or whatever you call it, this is perfect for you. This is sugar free, creamy, and just to die for! You can make it as a smoothie/frosty type dessert, or a little thicker like a soft serve ice cream treat.
Even though this recipe is a dairy option, you can substitute the heavy whipping cream for a non dairy option which I included below. The taste will be a bit different, but if you have to be dairy free like me, you won’t really notice as I don’t use dairy for most of the things I actually eat. If making for others I will, but dairy and I don’t always get along.
You can even go one step further with this recipe, and make it earlier in the day and then portion into cups and put in the freezer for a snack later on. It will harden but be more like a hard ice cream. If set out on the counter for a bit before eating it will soften so you can easily enjoy with a spoon.
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons peanut butter or almond butter
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1-teaspoon stevia or 5 drops liquid Stevia
2-teaspoon vanilla extract
Pour coconut milk into a glass bowl and chill in fridge overnight.
Remove from fridge, scoop out the 1 cup of solid cream.
Mix cream in chilled bowl until fluffy. (medium speed 3-5 min)
Add in the erythritol and vanilla.
Then when done, add to your recipe for the keto frosty in place of the heavy whipping cream. Because this makes one cup, you need to double it for the frosty recipe.
1. Mix all ingredients together with a mixer until stiff peaks form.
2. Place mixing bowl in the freezer for about 30-60 minutes until barely
3. Scoop into serving cups and serve.
4. You can also place frosty mixture in a plastic freezer bag, cut one corner,
and pipe into small cups giving it a swirled look.
I love using fun drinkware and straws for my frosty’s. Check out my fav’s from Amazon.
If you are not sure what Keto is, or how to start on the Keto way of living, you can check out my Keto posts and drop me a message if you have any questions. I just did a month long Keto series with great info, so don’t forget to check all the posts out.
You can also skip the frosty recipe and just opt for a yummy Konscious Keto shake if you are in a hurry. I love their shakes and their company. My readers also get 10% off their order by using this link ~ KonsciousKeto
Being keto isn’t someone one just does a few days a week and not the rest. It is a way of living for many and has helped many with illness, weight loss, and gaining control over cravings and bad habits. Many also use Intermitted Fasting along with keto and do very very well. I will be doing a series on Intermitted Fasting soon, so keep any eye open for that.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter or almond butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-teaspoon stevia or 5 drops liquid Stevia
- 2-teaspoon vanilla extract
- Non Dairy Whipping Cream ~
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk (from a can)
- 2 Tablespoons Confectioners Erythritol
- ½ Tsp Vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together with a mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Place mixing bowl in the freezer for about 30-60 minutes until barely
- Scoop into serving cups and serve.
- You can also place frosty mixture in a plastic freezer bag, cut one corner,
- and pipe into small cups giving it a swirled look.
- Non dairy whipping cream.
- Directions ~
- Pour coconut milk into a glass bowl and chill in fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge, scoop out the 1 cup of solid cream.
- Mix cream in chilled bowl until fluffy. (medium speed 3-5 min)
- Add in the erythritol and vanilla.
- Then when done, add to your recipe for the keto frosty in place of the heavy whipping cream. Because this makes one cup, you need to double it for the frosty recipe.