Ways to Stay Motivated
If you want to drop pounds and improve your health, you might establish a regular workout routine in 2013. This is a common New Year’s resolution. And although many people start off on the right foot, some workout routines fizzle out after a few months.
Meeting your goal and sticking with a regular routine requires constant motivation. Exercise isn’t a favorite past time for many. With this said, you might find every excuse not to work out. On the other hand, staying motivated can keep you on the right path, and put you a step closer to your weight loss goals.
Here are five tips to help you stay motivated.
1. Vary your workout. Whether you prefer to work out at the gym, the park or at home, changing up your workout location, as well as your type of workout can keep you motivated. The same routine day after day can get boring, but variety can keep boredom at bay. To prevent boredom, you might work out at the gym one day, ride your bike the next day, and perhaps rollerblade on the boardwalk a few days a week. As long as you’re staying active, you can reach your weight loss goals.
2. Take a workout class. Go to the local gym or a nearby recreational center and sign-up for different classes. Being around people with the same workout goals can help you stay motivated. Classes might include kickboxing, spinning, Zumba or step aerobics. Find a class that you enjoy and you’ll look forward to your daily workout.
3. Get a workout buddy. Having a workout buddy is another way to maintain your motivation. This person can encourage you to reach your fitness goals. It’s easy to give up or skip workouts, but with someone in your ear, you’re more likely to stay on track. Plus, it’s more enjoyable when you work out with someone.
4. Reward yourself. Set mini fitness goals for yourself, and then reward yourself when you reach these goals. The reward doesn’t have to be elaborate. It can be as simple as buying a pair of reasonably priced shoes or treating yourself to a massage. For example, you might reward yourself once you’re able to run two miles, or once you drop the first ten pounds.
5. Buy new workout clothes. An old t-shirt and worn shorts are typical workout clothes. But if you want to stay motivated throughout the year, purchase new workout gear. For example, Always For Me active wear has a variety of fashionable and comfortable workout clothes. If you look and feel good, you’re more inclined to stick with your workout. And with the right fitted workout clothes, you can see changes to your body.
Don’t let lack of motivation get you off track this year. A regular workout routine isn’t always easy to establish, but the results are well worth the effort. Make this year the best year healthwise. Not only will regular exercise help you maintain a healthy weight, it can improve your overall well-being.
Guest Post provided by Becky W