SNOWY CHOCOLATE PINE CONES
A fun recipe to make with the kids. This is so good, and so cute! One might not want to eat them, they are so cute!
Yields: 6 servings
Time: 25 minutes
3 cups Chocolate Fiber One Cereal (can also use Chex Chocolate Cereal)
6 pretzel rods
1⁄2 cup peanut butter
1⁄4 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar (+ 1⁄4 cup for dusting on top)
1. Mix the peanut butter, Nutella, butter and powdered sugar in a bowl
2. Take a pretzel rod and mold some of the mixture around it, forming a slight cone shape
3. Hold it steady by using the tip of the pretzel as a handle, and start inserting pieces of cereal into the mixture in a
symmetrical pattern around the stick. Add more cereal pieces, staggering them as you move upward until you get
near the top.
4. If the pine cone is getting too tall, cut off the top of the pretzel and add more of the mixture to mold over the top so
none of the broken pretzel is showing.
5. Break apart cereal pieces to create smaller scales near the top.
6. For a “snowy” effect, dust each pine cone with powdered sugar.