Mango Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Quinoa stuffed peppers are a great change from the traditional rice stuffed pepper recipes. They are also a lower carb, healthier version. In this recipe we took unique a step farther and added mango. We also used a sweet(ish) pepper that has a little kick and lots of fresh herbs! The peppers we chose are petite and perfect for an appetizer or snack. For a meal, try using full size red bell peppers and adding some chicken!
Prep Time 10 min | Cook Time 20 min | Total Time 30 min
- 1/2 cup Quinoa, rinsed and ready to cook
- 1 cup water
- 12 petite sweet peppers
- 1/2 mango, diced small
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sprigs of fresh cilantro, parsley and green onions
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Add the quinoa and water to a sauce pot and place over medium high heat.
- Add a pinch of salt & pepper, the garlic, a small drizzle of Olive oil and a few pinches of fresh herbs (not need to cut them yet)
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook until Quinoa is light and fluffy (About 10-12 minutes)
- Remove the stems from the herbs.
- Chop a few more sprigs of the fresh herbs and add to the cooked Quinoa. Fold in the diced mango and let sit while you prepare the peppers.
- Cut around the stem like you would a pumpkin that you wanted to make into a jack o lantern.
- Pull the stem up and most of the core and seeds should come with it. Remove remaining seeds.
- Stuff the peppers with the Quinoa mixture, bake for 10 minutes or until peppers are tender, but firm.
- Garnish with chopped green onion.
Also try our refreshing Raspberry Lime Iced Green Tea!