1. 7-8 Apples
2. 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Wash the apples then core and slice them into 1/4 inch rings. Using a Mandolin makes this process a lot easier.
2. Discard top and bottom rings with the most skin on them.
3. Prevent browning by dropping apples into a bowl with the lemon juice and 2 cups of water.
4. Dry the apples on a clean kitchen towel then lay slices on wire racks over baking sheets.
5. Dry the Apples in the oven for 2-10 hours on low heat (140 degrees F), turning occasionally. Dry longer for crisp slices, and less for soft slices.
6. Remove the slices from the oven and allow to cool completely before storing in sterilized airtight jars in a dark cool place.
If you like a bit of cinnamon on your apples, you can always sprinkle them with cinnamon right out of the oven. YUM!