Homemade Garlic Herb Butter
This homemade garlic herb butter recipe is so easy you probably will never buy it again. I have been making butter homemade for ages. I recently changed the recipe and process when I saw an amazing video from The Gracious Pantry. Since, I use her process for regular clean eating approved homemade butter as a base for my compound flavor butters.
If you don’t have a mortar and pestle it is ok to use a food processor.
Start by following this tutorial for the homemade butter base:
Once your butter base is ready, grab some fresh herbs. For this particular recipe we used Lemon Balm, Parsley, Thyme and Garlic.
Roughly chop the herbs. Use the back of a chef knife to smash the garlic clove. Peel off the outer skin and smash again. This will break down the garlic clove more so that it is easier to finely chop. Add the herbs and garlic to the butter.
Process or grind the butter until smooth. All of the oils and flavor will infuse the butter!
Use immediately or store covered and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- One recipe for Homemade Butter
- (See video)
- or 1 stick of real butter
- Sprigs of fresh herbs (parsley, lemon balm, thyme)
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Place butter into a food processor or bowl.
- Add the chopped herbs and garlic with a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Note* If using a food processor you do not need to chop the herbs and garlic first.
- Process until smooth.
Use this garlic herb butter on our Grilled Lobster Tails & Corn !