Go Nuts: Nutty Choices For Your Weight Loss
Strange as it may sound, some nuts can actually help you lose weight. While most of us consciously stay away from nuts and seeds thinking that these will only contribute to more fats in the body, nuts actually have more health benefits than we can imagine. Although peanuts and walnuts may be energy dense, when you eat moderate amounts of these every day, you can reduce obesity. Nuts consumed in moderation will help you to maintain an optimal body weight.
How do nuts help in controlling weight gain?
- Nuts contain fats and proteins which help to keep your stomach satisfied for longer hours. This makes you less prone to binging on unhealthy snacks in between your main meals. They discourage overeating when you are desperate to lose a lot of weight.
- Nuts are also rich in fibers and help to improve calorie absorption. When you consume more nuts, your body is better able to burn calories even when you may be resting. Most nuts will have soluble fibers which slow down food movement through the alimentary canal. They provide bulk and a certain sense of fullness to your stomach.
- Nuts are rich in proteins and unsaturated fats which help to keep you full and make you less likely to snack. Since many nuts require more chewing, it can also help you burn more calories. Foods that are naturally packed with nutrients like nuts trigger different hormones which allow the body to understand when it is actually full.
- As whole foods, nuts are excellent sources of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which are beneficial for health. They can reduce systolic blood pressure, reduce weight and body mass index.
What nuts are good for weight loss?
If you are interested in avoiding heart problems, you should snack on nuts like hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, almonds, and cashews. They contain amino acids which can guarantee many health benefits to those with heart diseases. Other than peanuts, most of the other varieties of nuts offer a mixture of important nutrients. Some of these healthy nuts are as follows:
- Raw macadamia nuts contain high amounts of magnesium, vitamin B1, manganese, MUFAs etc.
- Walnuts have omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Walnuts are known to lower risks of prostate cancer and breast cancers. They are useful for improving cardiovascular health in diabetics.
- Almonds are rich in antioxidants and flavonoids that are derived from vegetables and fruits.
- Pecans have more than nineteen types of vitamins and minerals; they can promote healthy arteries and reduce bad cholesterol in the blood.
- Brazil Nuts are excellent sources of organic selenium which is a powerful antioxidant that protects cancers.
- Pine Nuts offer many weight loss benefits because of their appetite-suppressant properties.
These are some nutty choices which you can include in your everyday diet to lose weight healthily. Nuts have been found to be rather effective in lowering blood pressure, blood glucose levels, reducing belly fat, and improving cardiovascular health. Whether it is pecans, walnuts or almonds, each of these is packed with essential nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins, and just the right amount of fats to keep the arteries unclogged.