There is no excuse in today’s age why us women should not be active, be healthy, and be strong. It is time to empower our fitness and let no man ( or anyone ) stand in our way!
Empower Fitness wants to help us women (and men too) be strong, active, and healthy and that is why they offer some amazing products to help us do just that. Once you decide what your fitness goal is, then it is time to choose products that will help you reach those goals. First and foremost, your nutrition plays a huge part. But, once you have that under control then you can check out all that Empower Fitness has to offer.
I have been wanting a medicine ball for a while now. Not sure why I have not gotten one yet, but just never got around to it. They sent me a 10# medicine ball for my review. The medicine ball comes with a DVD to show you how to effectively use it. Even though I knew what kind of exercises I wanted to use it for the DVD gave me some more ideas. Some features of the medicine ball are ~
- Soft, dimpled, fingertip grip, gel-filled with latex-free vinyl shell.
- Target abs with every move! Improve core strength, functional movement, overall muscle tone, and flexibility with a total body workout.
- Fun and easy to use—tone and tighten muscles as you lift, throw, catch, and swing the ball.
- Versatile, compact, and portable.
I enjoy using my medicine ball for squats ~ I hold at chest level as I squat, and when I come to standing position I stretch my arms over my head holding the ball. Very effective to add a bit of resistance to my squat, and to strengthen my arm and shoulder muscles as I raise it over head. I also use it when I do crunches. I hold the ball right on my forehead and crunch. Adds some resistance to my crunch. I have also incorporated it into my yoga a bit. There are many things one can do with a medicine ball and I am so happy to finally have one.
There are many products to choose from at Empower Fitness and I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to review. Due to the fact I live with Fibro, I thought doing a review of the R&R would be very beneficial for me. This little roller is amazing!! I live with back/neck/shoulder pain just about daily and now I don’t have to beg my husband for a back or neck rub, or worry about getting to the massage therapist as much. This has saved me money, and time. It is a great tool to use daily. Here are some of the features ~
- Convenient workout guide gives you 13 exercises to follow using your R&R tools
- 14’’ Compact size for self massage & travel
- Empower R&R’s hollow center storage compartment can be used to store personal items or is the convenient storage for stress ball and stretching strap
- Includes: specially designed roller with durable pvc core and cushioned foam cover, palm sized foam massage ball, stretching strap with foot loop and illustrated workout guide
I use this usually in the morning, before I even exercise. I wake up very tight, no matter what I do the day before. Sleep is supposed to be my friend, but it is not. I get up in the morning, drink my 30 ounces of water, and then stretch my muscles on the R&R. Some days I only do my back and neck/shoulder areas and some days I do my whole body. This comes with the stress ball which I keep at my desk and use for my feet throughout the day. The stretching strap I have in my living room and use for my yoga. I totally love this R&R and wish I had found it years ago!
If you are looking to add some fitness gear to your life check out Empower Fitness.
They also have a nice selection of videos to get your sweat on with.
Disclaimer ~ Living Smart Girl received products to facilitate a review. All opinions expressed are 100% Living Smart Girl’s.