Ever since I was a little girl Cinderella has been one of my favorite Disney movies. I was so excited to get the chance to attend a pre-screening of the NEW Cinderella movie! Made me feel like a kid again, even though it wasn’t the animated movie, it still brought back those feelings I had when I was a little girl.
This movie had me silently watching, reliving being a young girl, and dreaming about a fairytale life. The cast was outstanding and I was so impressed with the film magic. (like turning critters into things).
The cast was as follows ~
- Lily James as Ella (“Cinderella”)
- Eloise Webb as young Ella
- Richard Madden as Prince “Kit” Charming
- Cate Blanchett as Lady Tremaine
- Helena Bonham Carter as The Fairy Godmother
- Stellan Skarsgård as The Grand Duke
- Derek Jacobi as The King
- Hayley Atwell as Cinderella’s Mother
- Holliday Grainger as Anastasia
- Sophie McShera as Drizella
- Nonso Anozie as Captain
- Ben Chaplin as Cinderella’s Father
Lily James did an amazing job, and is so beautiful. She makes you fall in love with her character and feel like you have known her for years. You feel her pain when she loses her mother, and when she learns of her father’s passing. You sympathize with her, when she has to deal with the meanness of her step mom and step sisters.
Cate Blanchett sure can make a person hate her. LOL! She is an amazing actress and did an amazing job of making everyone want to smack her. But, in the end her character got what she had coming. The step sisters also did a great job portraying the evilness in the movie.
If you were a Cinderella fan before, you will definitely love this movie and be a renewed fan.