If you’re the type that’s always looking for effective new ingredients to enhance the look of your skin or hair and you’ve not yet looked into marula oil, now is the time to look into this oft-touted natural extract. Derived from the fruit of the marula tree, native to parts of Southern Africa and Madagascar, the oil is rich in fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamins, making it a solid choice for skin and hair care.
For instance, it’s great at moisturizing, but doesn’t have the tendency to clog your pores like other products might. It’s got a fast absorbing “non-oily” feel, meaning it won’t leave your skin feeling greasy either. You can use a few drops before bedtime to help alleviate dry skin or damaged hair, or even use it as a kind of primer before putting on your makeup at the start of the day.
With such amazing uses, marula oil is rather popular and there are a good many choices on the market for you to select from. Here are just a few of the best marula oil varieties you might consider adding to your bag of beauty remedies.
Marula Pure Beauty
The first thing you might notice about Marula Pure Beauty is the captivating bottle, but you shouldn’t let that distract from the fact that it also contains virgin oil that has been hand harvested. It’s cold-pressed and contains roughly 99% marula oil, with the other 1% being a combination of natural linalool and limonene. The blend creates a lighter, more pleasing scent. It smooths and moisturizes the skin, in addition to providing increases firmness and enhancing elasticity.
Acure Marula Oil
Another cold-pressed pure oil, Acure’s Marula Oil contains 100% marula oil that is unrefined, and free of artificial fragrances or pesticides. The high concentration of unadulterated oil means that Acure’s formula is packed with the antioxidants and vitamins that make marula so effective.
It goes on great as a primer, it leaves skin feeling smooth and soft, and it can also help ease inflammation and reduce the appearance of redness in the skin. You can use it to help keep acne breakouts under control and it comes in an easy to use pump-style bottle.
Marula Oil Rare Oil Treatment
Made by Paul Mitchell, Marula Oil Rare Oil Treatment comes in a larger 1.7 ounce container and uses a dropper for application. It’s cold-pressed, like many of the best marula oil options, and while it does contain a slight fragrance, it’s still high in marula content and excellent in making both hair and skin smooth and shiny. Just remember to take care if you have particularly sensitive skin, the added fragrance may cause slight irritation if you are predisposed to it.
Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil
The name alone is enough to make an impression, but Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Oil goes a step further by supplying a pure, unrefined product that’s incredibly effective. Their cold-press process maintains a nutrient dense oil that is unscented, unbleached, and completely uncut. You’ll only need a bit of Drunk Elephant to leave your skin and hair looking great, and you’ll notice a marked improvement in your healthy glow once it absorbs into the skin.
African Botanics Marula Oil
Rich in vitamins C and E, jam packed with the antioxidants and essential fatty acids you’re looking for, African Botanics Marula Oil is a 100% pure cold-pressed derivative that helps rejuvenate skin and hair quickly. The big bottle ensures you have plenty of supply to last, and the high concentration will leave you feeling moisturized and rejuvenated once you apply it.