This smokey bbq roasted garlic hummus is a great healthy alternative when you are craving chips!
Smokey BBQ Roasted Garlic Hummus
Hummus, a dip made from chick peas, is a fantastic snack. Chick peas are loaded with fiber and protein. Hummus is typically made from processing chick peas with lots of garlic and Olive oil into a paste like consistency. Hummus is used as a dip, spread and even condiment. If you like big, bold flavors Hummus is for you.
Here is how to make out BBQ Roasted Garlic Hummus:
1 can Chickpeas, drained & rinsed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon low sodium ketchup
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon mustard powder
Sea Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400
- In a medium sized bowl, combine honey, ketchup, onion powder, paprika, mustard powder, 2 tablespoons Olive oil and pinch of salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Add the chickpeas and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread out on a sheet pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- Pour chickpeas into a food processor or blender , add 1/4 cup Olive oil. Puree. Add additional Olive oil if needed to gain a smooth, thick texture.
- Spoon into a dish and serve warm or cold.
Calories: 37 | Fat: 1g | Carbs: 7g
A refreshing, easy to make frozen treat! Traditional Mojitos are made with alcohol, but this Strawberry Mojito Sorbet is made without alcohol. Feel free to add it if you like.