Disclosure ~ This post contains affiliate links.
Keto, Low Carb, Mediterranean, Paleo, Weight Watchers, or whatever way of eating you do, any recipe with vegetables is a win win. And, the fact that this recipe is for asparagus almondine is even a bigger win because asparagus is not only healthy, but also just yummy!
Find other asparagus recipe on my site as well. But, for the asparagus almondine you can check out the recipe below.
- 1 lb. Asparagus spears
- 5 tbsp. Butter unsalted
- ½ a Lemon
- ¼ c. Sliced almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash your asparagus spears, and break off the woody sections at the bottom.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat on the stove.
- Place the asparagus into the boiling water, and cook for 2-3 minutes until a crisp tender.
- Immediately place the asparagus into a bath of ice water to stop the cooking.
- Heat 5 tbsp of unsalted butter in a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Place the asparagus into the butter, and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Squeeze in the juice from half of a lemon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle ¼ c. of almonds into the skillet, and cook for an additional minute.
- Place the asparagus on a serving platter, and top with the rest of the melted butter and toasted almonds from the pan.
Looking for fun kitchen gadgets and accessories? My go to for stuff that is not only functional, but can make a dinner table pop is Kohl’s. I shop there way to much, just ask my husband.
Keto and Low Carb Living
If you live a low carb or keto lifestyle or are just looking to now eat as many carbs but struggling with recipes, check out the 30 Day Keto Meal Plan that I just put out. Make life easier with a done for you 30 day menu, recipes and shopping list.