It is that time of year, already, where one is driving thru town and they see a van parked at a gas station and the van is filled to the top with luscious, red strawberries just begging to be eaten. Well, I couldn’t resist yesterday and I stopped to grab myself an ice cream pail full of those sweet strawberries. So, looking at them today I thought, I need to try a new recipe. I have never baked with fresh strawberries and wanted to make something that 1) I can eat and 2) I can share with my readers. So, I came up with this ~
- 1½ Cup Bran Cereal (bran buds)
- 1½ Cup Almond Milk (Original, Sweetened or Unsweetened)
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Red Mills Flour
- 1 TBLS Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ⅔ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 TBLS Melted Butter
- ¾ Cup Chobani Greek Vanilla Yogurt
- 1½ Cup Chopped Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Banana Chopped Into Bits
- 1 Cup Kraft Carmel Bites (you can omit these)
- Mix milk and bran buds together and set aside to allow bran to soften. I leave sit for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together except caramel bites.
- Mix all wet ingredients except bran buds, berries and banana's. After buds have softened mix into other wet ingredients. Fold in berries and caramel bites.
- Line or grease muffin tins. Fill each tin ¾ full.
- Bake 25 minutes. Muffins will be very soft till they cool. Berries tend to make them look undone, but they are done.
- Cool, and enjoy. These need no butter as they are yummy all on their own.
I hope you enjoy my muffins. I would love if you would share on Pinterest by Pinning my images 🙂
I wanted to do a Strawberry Recipe Round Up. Check out these great recipes from some other wonderful bloggers.