Food allergies are a very serious thing and when you or someone you know has them it is nothing to take lightly. I have a friend who is allergic to mushrooms and I didn’t realize how careful one has to be until we were eating out one day and she started to puff up, and itch, and then asked the waitress if there were mushrooms cooked on the grill because she had found a tiny piece of a mushroom in her eggs and that was all it took for her to have an allergic reaction. Scary!! You just can’t be to careful.
I was reading some blogs the other day and came across Rock-A-Bye Parents and a great post about recognizing food allergies. Check out her site and read all about it. She has great tips that anyone regardless if you have food allergies or not should be aware of.