Found these yummy recipes on FitSugar.
Healthy Treat: Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
If you’re craving a chewy peanut buttery treat, this might just become your new new favorite cookie. While a cookie is still a cookie, this recipe offer a slightly healthier goody. The chewy oatmeal cookie coupled with the creamy peanut butter and mashed banana mixture makes a perfect flavor combination. The only downside to whipping up a batch of these cookies is you may find it impossible to hold back from eating the entire batch. Plus, it’s National Peanut Butter Month, so get baking and celebrate.
Ready to see the recipe?
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup Sucanat (or sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups quick oats
For creamy filling:
3 ripe bananas
3 tablespoons natural peanut butter (I prefer crunchy)
3 teaspoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a larger bowl, beat the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until fluffy. Pour the flour mixture and oats into the bowl and mix well.
4. Place one inch balls of dough on cookie sheets. You’ll have enough dough for 36 small cookies.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, removing from oven when the edges are slightly tan. After a minute transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
6. While the cookies are baking and cooling, prepare the filling. In a bowl mash the bananas with the peanut butter and honey.
7. Place a dollop of filling on one half of the bottom of a cookie and then top it with another cookie.
Makes about 36 sandwiches.
Snack Attack: No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut butter is one of my all-time favorite foods, so I love to bake with it. But this recipe requires no baking at all. These chewy, nutty treats are made with all-natural peanut butter, wheat germ, rolled oats, and coconut, and no added sugar, so they’re a healthy treat you can enjoy anytime. I like to take a couple out on long rides with me instead of an energy bar.
To see this simple recipe, keep reading.
No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice concentrate, thawed
1. Combine peanut butter, milk powder, and coconut in a large mixing bowl.
2. Stir in oats, ground cinnamon, wheat germ, and apple juice concentrate until thoroughly combined.
3. Shape the mixture into 16 one-inch balls.
4. Chill thoroughly before serving, about an hour. Store remaining balls in the refrigerator.
These are just a couple. To see more visit FitSugar.com