How to make authentic Italian pizza at home
The Italian cuisine is popular all over the world and their recipes are in great demand. When we talk about Italina food, the first thing that comes to our mind is Pizza. It is the most popular dish with great taste and the best thing is that it is very easy to prepare. Italian pizza tastes best and most authentic when it is prepared with fresh and local seasonal ingredients. Italians always cook Pizzas in olive oil as keeping the dish within considerable health quotient is equally important. They also use the wood-fired oven with a pizza stone to get the best taste. Though there are many companies manufacturing pizza stone but of you are looking for one of the best option then visit www.CaliforniaPizzaStones.com.
Dough plays a very important role when Italian pizza is concerned as iIt needs to be rightly prepared. The dough gives texture to the pizza and holds the flavors as well. Below given is the recipe and few simple steps to prepare an authentic Italian pizza at home.
- Warm water (600ml)
- 25 grams yeast
- 1 kg flour
- 1.5 tablespoons salts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 table spoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle 2.25 teaspoons yeast into a bowl and pour some lukewarm water in it. The water should be neither too hot nor too cold. Stir it continuously until the yeast dissolves.
- Place all the flour over a table and shape it like a volcano.
- Pour the mixture of warm water and yeast along with other ingredients into the crater.
- Knead them for at least 15 minutes. Stop kneading when the dough becomes smooth and elastic. The surface should be floured.
- Use olive oil to grease up a bowl and put the dough within it and leave it for 4 to 5 hours.
- Preheat the oven to about 200°C, or about 400°F.
- Put the dough in the floured surface. Punch it to get rid of bubbles.
- Divide the dough in four pieces and keep the other three dough pieces aside covering them with clean kitchen towel while you start preparing one.
- Use a roller pin to roll the dough to flatten it. Each disc should be 12 inch thick.
- Transfer the pizza onto a pizza stone or a baking sheet.
- Add tomato sauce if you want red pizza, which is better known as pizza rossa in Italy. Most of the pizza in Italy is pizza Bianca, which are without tomato sauce. The edges of the pizza need to be brushed with small amount of olive oil.
- Bake the pizza for 10 to 15 minutes, and then add the sliced or grated mozzarella cheese on top along with other ingredients. Other ingredients may include, pepper, oregano, and basil. All these things enhance the flavor and taste of your pizza. You may also put mushrooms or olives as toppings.
- The pizzas need to be baked until the crust becomes golden brown and the cheese is melted properly. Before taking it out from oven, ensure that the bottom of the pizza has also become brown.
- Remove the pizza from oven and garnish it with few basil leaves.
Once the pizza become bit cool, slice it into pieces and serve them. Your family members are going love this for sure.