Homemade Granola Bars
Super Energy Food
Homemade granola bars are absolutely nothing like what you will find in the store. You control what goes into them and what does not, so you can be sure that they will be as healthy as you want them! Oats are like flour, it is a blank canvas. The possibilities are endless really. If you follow a certain formula then you can make any kind of granola bar you want.
A basic homemade granola bar needs oats, a sweetener and a fat to hold it together. Everything else is just extra and what makes it fun! Remember being a kid and how excited you were to see an ice cream sundae bar loaded with different toppings to choose from? Making homemade granola bars is similar to that. Experiment with making different types like a breakfast bar using dried banana and cinnamon or our super high energy bar.
Our super high energy bar is made with coconut oil, almonds, walnuts, dried cherries, and shaved coconut.
Here is how to make them:
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time 20 min | Total Time 35 min
- 2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup grape nuts cereal (or store brand, just read the label it should be 3 basic ingredients!)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 walnuts
- 1/2 dried cherries
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 325
- Grease an 8×8 pan with coconut or Olive oil
- In a bowl, add oats, grape nuts, cherries and cinnamon.
- Use a food processor to pulse the nuts into small pieces. Add to the oat mixture.
- If your honey and coconut oil have solidified, melt them and mix into the oats.
- Press granola bar mixture into the pan, press down hard. Make sure to get the corners.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before cutting.
Like this recipe?
Try our CHIA PUDDING with Cinnamon Apples!