Grilled Lemon and Dill Swai with Asparagus
What you will need
Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 20 mins
Over all 40 mins
3 Fillets of Swai or any other white fish
1 Bunch of Asparagus
3-4 Lemons (Squeeze the juice from 1 lemon)
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Glove of Garlic (Minced)
1 Cup Dry White Wine
Salt and Pepper
1 Tablespoon of Dill plus more for sprinkling
Paprika for sprinkling
First of all preheat your grill to Medium-High. Or get your Charcoal grill ready.
1. In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, add one Tablespoon Butter. Once added add the Minced Garlic and cook for 1 min. After that add the White Wine, Lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil, and 1 Tablespoon of Dill. Let the sauce come to a boil to ensure the Alcohol is evaporated. After it comes to a boil, leave it for 2 mins, then take it off the heat and set it aside.
2. Cut the remaining lemons into small 1/4 inch thick slices. Cut both ends first to ensure the white will only be on the outside of the lemons.
3. On a cutting board, cut the root end of the Asparagus off, then cut the whole bunch in half. (Optional, You can leave the whole asparagus intact. I think it’s easier to eat cut in half) After that toss your Asparagus in a bowl with Salt, Pepper, and Olive Oil. Set aside.
4. On a separate cutting board, coat your fish with Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Dill, and Paprika on both sides. Repeat with remaining fish. Go back to your sauce that you made and poor half in a container you can take outside to brush the fish with.
5. Take the fish, lemons, asparagus, and sauce outside to the grill. Place a piece of aluminum foil onto the grill and coat with olive oil, Cook the asparagus until tender and browned. Place in a bowl and keep in the microwave to ensure it does not cool. (if it does cool, just cook on high for 1 min in a microwave safe bowl)
6. To grill the fish, cook on a cast iron pan or on heavy duty aluminum foil. Oil your cast iron pan, and place your fish and 3-4 lemon slices and cook. Repeatedly brush sauce on fish as it cooks to ensure moister. Flip the fish after about 1-2 mins and again brush with sauce. Fish will be done when tender and flaky. Flip over lemons slices, they are done when they are browned. Its okay if there a little black too. Repeat with remaining fish and lemon slices.
7. Serve the fish on top of the Grilled Lemon Slices and top with remaining sauce. ENJOY!
Recipe created for Living Smart Girl by Bradley. Recipe is an original.