Cinnamon & Raisin Brown Rice Pudding
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 20 minute
- 1/3 cup short-grain brown rice
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 1/3 cup low-fat plain unsweetened soy, almond, or rice milk
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened raisins
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a Dutch oven, combine rice and salt. Add milk and cook at medium, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in remaining ingredients, adding raisins last. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes, for 10 minutes, until set. Turn off heat, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
Nutrients per serving (3/4 cup pudding): Calories: 131, Total Fat: 2 g, Sat. Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 26 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 4 g, Sodium: 80 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg